Welcome to my first AWS Week in Review of 2023. As usual, it has been a busy week, so let’s dive right in:
Last Week’s Launches
Here are some launches that caught my eye last week:
Amazon Connect – You can now deliver long lasting, persistent chat experiences for your customers, with the ability to resume previous conversations including context, metadata, and transcripts. Learn more.
Amazon RDS for MariaDB – You can now enforce the use of encrypted (SSL/TLS) connections to your databases instances that are running Amazon RDS for MariaDB. Learn more.
Amazon CloudWatch – You can now use Metric Streams to send metrics across AWS accounts on a continuous, near real-time basis, within a single AWS Region. Learn more.
AWS Serverless Application Model – You can now run CloudFormation Linter from the SAM CLI to validate your SAM templates. The default rules check template size, Fn:GetAtt parameters, Fn:If syntax, and more. Learn more.
EC2 Auto Scaling – You can now see (and take advantage of) recommendations for activating a predictive scaling policy to optimize the capacity of your Auto Scaling groups. Recommendations can make use of up to 8 weeks of past date; learn more.
Service Limit Increases – Service limits for several AWS services were raised, and other services now have additional quotas that can be raised upon request:
- Amazon S3 File Gateway – Up to 50 file shares per gateway
- AWS Fault Injection Simulator (FIS) – Quota adjustment and higher resource quotas
- Amazon EMR Serverless – New vCPU-based quota
- Amazon Chime SDK – Up to 250 webcam video streams
- Amazon Elastic File System (Amazon EFS) – Up to 1,000 access points per file system
X In Y – Existing AWS services became available in additional regions:
- Amazon FSx for Lustre in Middle East (UAE)
- Amazon FSx for Windows File Server in Middle East (UAE)
- X2idn and X2iden Instances in US West (N. California)
- AWS Shield Advanced in Middle East (UAE)
- Amazon Elastic File System in Europe (Spain)
- AWS CodeBuild in Middle East (UAE)
- AWS Elemental MediaTailor in Africa (Cape Town), Asia Pacific (Mumbai), and US East (Ohio)
- AWS Managed Services (AMS) in Africa (Cape Town)
Other AWS News
Here are some other news items and blog posts that may be of interest to you:
AWS Fundamentals – This new book is designed to teach you about AWS in a real-world context. It covers the fundamental AWS services (compute, database, networking, and so forth), and helps you to make use of Infrastructure as Code using AWS CloudFormation, CDK, and Serverless Framework. As an add-on purchase you can also get access to a set of gorgeous, high-resolution infographics.
Upcoming AWS Events
Check your calendars and sign up for these AWS events:
AWS on Air – Every Friday at Noon PT we discuss the latest news and go in-depth on several of the most recent launches. Learn more.
- Join the Build On Live Weekly show about the cloud, the community, the code, and everything in between, hosted by AWS Developer Advocates. The show streams every Thursday at 9:00 PT on twitch.tv/aws.
- Join the new The Big Dev Theory show, co-hosted with AWS partners, discussing various topics such as data and AI, AIOps, integration, and security. The show streams every Tuesday at 8:00 PT on twitch.tv/aws.
Check the AWS Twitch schedule for all shows.
AWS Community Days – AWS Community Day events are community-led conferences that deliver a peer-to-peer learning experience, providing developers with a venue to acquire AWS knowledge in their preferred way: from one another.
- In January, the AWS community will host in-person events in Singapore (January 28) and in Tel Aviv, Israel (January 30).
AWS Innovate Data and AI/ML edition – AWS Innovate is a free online event to learn the latest from AWS experts and get step-by-step guidance on using AI/ML to drive fast, efficient, and measurable results.
- AWS Innovate Data and AI/ML edition for Asia Pacific and Japan is taking place on February 22, 2023. Register here.
- Registrations for AWS Innovate EMEA (March 9, 2023) and the Americas (March 14, 2023) will open soon. Check the AWS Innovate page for updates.
And that’s all for this week!
from AWS News Blog https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/aws/aws-week-in-review-january-23-2023/